Thursday, December 8, 2011

Shenzhen Museum

After the Sport Day at my school, I took the subway and went to the Shenzhen Museum in downtown Shenzhen. It’s located as part of a wing at City Hall/Civic Center and has three floors. There’s an old museum as well as a new one. I visited the new one which opened in 2008 and is very modern. The museum mainly focuses on the history of Shenzhen from sea battles, to handicrafts to modern developments. There are many displays in English as well as, obviously, Chinese. The museum was way better than I thought it would be and was extremely well done. There were many exhibits that were exceptionally detailed with life-size wax figures. It was very cool and I would go back again as there was so much to see and read. The museum was free too. As you can see from the pics below, the exhibits are fantastic. I especially valued the one of the lady making tofu. The museum also had a veranda on the third floor between exhibits where you can sit down and get some fresh air. I took a pic of part of downtown while standing on it. The last two pics are very interesting as you can see how quickly Shenzhen has developed in only thirty years; from a farming and fishing community to now a booming city.











 

1 comment:

  1. OH WOW . OH HOW MODERN AND BEAUTIFUL. LOVE THE GRANITE/STEEL? AND SQUARENESS TO THE BUILDING. GO CHINA. JUST BEAUTIFUL. THE EXHIBITS. I THOUGHT IT WAS REAL PEOPLE IN SOME OF THE PICS. I ALSO LOVED THE TOFU PIC. I LOVED THE SILK CLOTHES. NOTHING LIKE THE COLOR VIBRANCY OF SILK..HOW GORGEOUS. I LOVE THE PLASTER FIGURES ALL EATING DUMPLINGS AND THE LITTLE GIRL IN PIGTAILS. THE LAST TWO PICS IS AMAZING. FROM A BUMPKIN VILLAGE TO AN URBAN AREA. GREAT CONTRAST THOSE LAST TWO PICS. THE ADMISSION TO SEE THIS BEAUTIFUL PLACE IS FREE AND SO SPOTLESSLESSLY? CLEAN. WOULD HATE TO THINK OF PEOPLE SPITTING IN THIS PLACE. JUST GREAT. EVEN THE MAO PATRIOTIC FLAG PIC WAS A GOOD ONE. UNBELIEVABLE. CHINA COULD BE THE WORLD'S GREATEST CONSULTING ARCHITECTS.

    ReplyDelete