Sunday, May 6, 2012

Shekou Shenzhen Bay


The day after I went to Splendid China Theme Park, I took the subway for approximately 20 minutes to the Dongjiaotou station stop to take some pics of Shekou Shenzhen Bay.

This is somewhat of an expat area along with some rich Chinese but like elsewhere in China, there are migrants as well. There's a small boardwalk area along with a lighthouse as well as new – and soon to be - apartment towers. There are some bars and restaurants nearby as well. I just walked around for like an hour. I liked looking at the Chinese junks (boats). Below are some pics of the area.









3 comments:

  1. This is Duke. Pretty big bay. Greg, I'm sure you've told us, but what is the name of the river that empties into this bay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi i thought most of the junks had a huge triangular sail attached. no?

    ReplyDelete