Monday, November 28, 2011

Huangsha Seafood Market


After going to Qingping Market, we walked to the nearby outdoor Huangsha Wholesale Seafood Market.  It’s the largest wholesale seafood market in Guangdong Province.  This is a place where you can bargain for seafood.  Trucks are always coming and going with water dripping down its sides and rear with fresh seafood.  In fact, the whole street is wet.  I noticed some blood as well as fish guts on the streets.  The market itself has no eateries but there are some nearby.  Lots of fish here come from the Pearl River valley.  I didn’t recognize a lot of it.  For example, I have no clue what that thing is in the fifth pic.  It moves really slowly and it’s out of water?  They’re also on the right side of picture six.  Weird!  Seafood is a common ingredient in Cantonese food.  It was a cool little place.







2 comments:

  1. EW!!!!!!!!!! That thing looks scary. Someone I work with said he thinks it is some kind of sea snail. I would love to see that seafood market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BET JAN WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE SEAFOOD MARKET. I COULD NOT STAND THE SMELL OF FISH. UGH. I AM NO EXPERT BUT I SEE LOTS OF GIANT PRAWN AND I AM INTRIGUED AT OYSTERS? WITH LITTLE ROPES TIED AROUND THEM? I WOULD HATE THE FISH SMELL GETTING ON MY SHOES. NOT FOR ME - NOPE. ODD CREATURE...MAYBE AS SOMEONE SAYS IT IS A SEA SNAIL. I KNOW WHEN I WADED NOT SWIMMED IN THE SOUTH CHINA SEA THEY SAID THERE WAS ALL ODD THINGS AND DANGEROUS POISIONOUS THINGS IN THAT WATER.

    ReplyDelete