Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Rice Noodle Dish

This past weekend I made another fairly good vegetarian dish.  I bought a few fresh rice noodle sheets (that I just easily tore into strips with my hands) at a local grocery store as well as some broccoli and tofu.  A couple of weeks ago my Chinese contact teacher took Laila and I to a Buddhist vegetarian restaurant with my fellow Chinese English teachers (the restaurant was really good by the way).  The restaurant also had a very small little grocery area where I bought pre-packaged vegetarian diced beef (I also bought fake ribs that I'll cook another day).  I added the beef, broccoli, tofu, & noodles to my wok.  I also added sesame seeds, onion powder, black pepper, garlic, chili garlic sauce, ma po tofu seasoning, oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, & sugar.  I cooked & mixed everything in my work for a few minutes after I had steamed the broccoli for a few minutes beforehand to get it slightly cooked as the broccoli takes longer to cook than the other ingredients.  It came out good.  I love these large white rice noodles.  They're great.  Was very tasty.  The vegetarian beef was good but not great.  It was already pre-seasoned and I probably would rather it not been.  I would have liked to have it absorb my own seasoning (which it still did).  But still good nonetheless.  Came out tasty...as did the leftovers the next day...





2 comments:

  1. what are the food triangles? and the orange dark meat is the fake meat right. It looks good. do these transparent noodles by themselves have any taste? do you try one when it comes out of the boiling water? it is an attractive dish. buddhist veg ---must be good. i would think they use the purest of ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The triangles are the tofu. The dark looking meat is the veg beef. I don't think the noodles have any taste by themselves. The Buddhists didn't make the veg meat. It's pre-packaged that they sell.

    ReplyDelete