Monday, October 10, 2011

My Neighborhood Part II


Attached are some more pics of my surrounding neighborhood where I live.

There is a nice park on the other/left side of this main street.  This street is where I take a bus to the city’s Metro (subway).  I really like the red lanterns hanging from the streetlamps.


You have to walk across this bridge and up the stairs through this little mountain/hill to get to the park.  The park is located on the other side of the trees.  This is also the way I walk when I want to go the Metro store.  The Metro store is a lot like Costco, a membership store that sells in bulk.  I have a membership through my school.  They sell a lot of good items and I can get many Western items there too.


This pic is just a picture of the canal that you have to cross over to get to the park.


This next pic is a view facing the other way, towards my apartment area.  I’m standing on the steps of one of the pics above.  Those large white/gray buildings in the background is my apartment area.


The next pics are of the park area.  People run here, hang out, fly kites, play soccer, etc.






2 comments:

  1. This is Duke. Greg, I'm surprised to see from the pics that there aren't many - if any - people in the parks. Is that normal? Also, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the yin/yang symbol. so hard to attain this balance. do you see anyone in the park practicing tai chi? are there any gators or crocs in the water? looks like a clear day. the lanterns are cool.

    ReplyDelete