Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Rice Cake Dish


Here are some pics I shared before of a meal I cooked at home.  Chinese rice cakes.  Love them.  Not only had I never tried them before, I never cooked them either.   I bought frozen Chinese rice cakes.  Basically you boil them until they float.  I then stir-fried them for a few minutes.  Rice cakes are compacted rice and are gooey, soft, & chewy; like a giant slice of rice noodle.

They’re great even with ma po tofu seasoning that I used, though I was not cooking tofu.  But like tofu as well as the fungus and mushrooms I mentioned in a previous post, the rice cakes will acquire the taste of what you’re cooking it with.  I added the cakes to my wok along with the seasoning.  I added some broccoli & oil.  Used some sugar and a pinch of salt.  Also added some soy sauce, garlic, & black pepper.

Instead of using rice (since the rice cakes are rice), I used clear rice noodles.

This is a very spicy dish, though one of my favorites…








2 comments:

  1. how pretty..yummy- you did not make this in fl? i must try these rice cakes. wonder if i can get the packet of seasoning up at the chinese sarasota store or there is one store in bradenton. good for you...................

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will make this for me when you get home :)

    ReplyDelete